Monday, February 28, 2011

Work on Your Jump Shot

I can't help but think about ultimate whenever I watch any other sports on TV. When I was watching basketball the other day I was thinking about what basketball teams must work on during their practices. I imagine it would be set plays, defensive formations, and maybe some drills. I imagine they don't spend very much of team practice working on their shots, though. That's something that players have to do on their own, spending hours getting the reps in to maintain and improve their fine motor skill.

The same thing applies to ultimate teams. If you're not throwing outside of practice, you're a basketball player that never practices his shot. Just like basketball, being an skilled thrower/shooter can help you overcome superior athleticism. I'm not really thinking so much about mark breaking, which is like creating your own shot, but being able to hit the wide open shot when the opportunity comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment