Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lei Out, and Life After College Ultimate

It's been a long time since I've posted anything on here. I guess I could blame it on not having a college season to play in, or focusing a lot more on school, but really I've just been lazy and have gotten out of the habit. I'm going to try to update here more regularly because it helps me sort things out in my head and keeps me motivated.

Lei Out was pretty awesome. Whiskey Business came together to be a super fun team, and I think we played some pretty good ultimate. We ended up playing 2 of the semi-finalists in the in our pool and then drawing a third semi-finalist in our first bracket game on Sunday morning, and we played both of the teams that ended up making finals. Our tough draw had us feeling a little inadequate, but after our first loss on Sunday we won our way up the A2 bracket and blew a late lead to Davis and lost our chance to play Sham-wow for a bottle of Grey Goose. Oh well.

The parties Friday and Saturday night were a blast and our team was super fun to play with. Next time I put together a team, I'm going to be sure to have fewer guys on it, but I was glad to play with everyone. The weather was insanely perfect. I wish Lei Out could come more than once a year.

I've been helping out with Smaug by running with the team at practice and helping Peaches plan things out. It's really cool seeing the 2011 team taking shape and developing it's personality, but I still can't help but look ahead to the next time I actually get to the take the field. I'm trying not to feel like I'm just passing time until Kaimana rolls around, but it's hard. I'm starting to get back into shape between Winter League and running conditioning drills at practice, but it's time that I get back into the gym and start lifting seriously again.

I was feeling kind of bummed about not getting to play very much lately, but now that I think about it, there's a pretty good string of tournaments lined up heading into the summer.

Kaimana Feb. 19-21

Club Trouble in Vegas March 5-6

St. Pat's Hat March 25-26

DUI April 2-3

Fools West April 9-10

PAGANELLO?? Late April

Cal States - Early March

That's a pretty solid line-up.

But about Paga...

No comments:

Post a Comment