Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Music

As I get older, I feel like get I really excited about fewer and fewer albums. It takes something unusually good or extreme to catch my attention nowadays. Maybe I just have less time to search around for new things to listen to.

I'm super excited about LCD Soundsystem's new album, This is Happening. I've listened to it a few times through, and I have a feeling this is what I'm going to be into for the next few months.

I go through phases where I listen to albums that I really like obsessively. Those albums become inextricable from that time and place in my life.

A few that come to mind:

Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend: Spring semester of Senior Year, Living in Olympic Village

LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver: Studying abroad in Edinburgh, Fall '07

Tegan and Sara - The Con: First semester of Law School Fall '08

Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga: Spring '07, living on Kenwood

Lately I've been on an Andrew Bird kick since seeing him in January, but I think I'm ready for something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment