Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Catching Up

Sorry about the lack of updates. Things have been crazy since my last post, and I'm doing all I can to stay on top of things. In the time between my last post and now, I have:
  • Moved
I'm now living Southeast of campus in a very snazzy apartment with a friend from law school. Come by for a visit and check it out.
  • Played Discos
We finished 3rd after losing to End Phase in semis. We blew a late lead. I came to the conclusion that if we're not going to win by being super serious and not having fun, there's no reason not to have fun.
  • Played the LA Summer league tourney
Congrats to Purple for a great season. We were not at full strength and lost to a very good red team in the semis.
  • Gone camping
Camping with my friends is never a very organized or well-run affair, but this weekend was particularly dirty. We set out on Sunday morning of Labor Day weekend, stopping at every camp site between Malibu and Ojai. We finally lucked out and found a reserved spot that had been abandoned by Lake Casitas. Highlight of the trip was the night spent making chili over the campfire while hanging out with Fei, Brent, Balls and Mylihn.
  • Started classes
My weekday life is probably 90% occupied by studying and working out. The club series is rapidly approaching, and school is picking up steam. I'm taking Evidence, Business Associations, Federal Income Tax, and Entertainment Law this semester. My professors are probably the best group that I've had so far, but the workload is pretty heavy.

Pretty soon the undergraduates will invade the campus and Smaug will start up again. I'll have the added responsibilities of helping run recruiting events and running rookie practices, which will be a three ring circus if the turnout is anything like last year.

Next weekend Strike-Slip is going up to Santa Barbara for a scrimmage against the Condors and the Beyondors, Dugan's masters team with many of the ballers from the Condors dynasty. My parents are awesome enough to have the team over for a BBQ and pool party in Thousand Oaks the night before, and I'm looking forward to some quality hanging out time with the team.

I'll try to make writing updates a more regular part of my schedule, once I have a schedule. I have plenty of thoughts on Strike Slip, Smaug, the Series, law school, and fitness. I'm just finishing up The Inner Game of Tennis. It's a good read, and it's applicable to pretty much any sport. I've heard that some of the John Wooden books on coaching are good. Any suggestions for good books on coaching or sports psychology?

No comments:

Post a Comment