Sunday, May 17, 2009

From LHR

I'm sitting in terminal 5 of London-Heathrow Airport. I've been traveling for over 17 hours now and I have a lot more ahead of me. Being here really makes me miss Edinburgh. I passed through here a bunch of times during my semester abroad. The automated queue system at the news shop, the coins i got, signs and outlets. That semester was one of the best periods of my life, and being here makes me really want to get out and experience the world more.

My travel time has officially become "too long" as of right now. I'm writing mostly just for something to do, because there's not much else to do here that doesn't expend lots of energy or cost money. I saw Gran Torino on the flight over. Great movie, and I really have to respect Clint Eastwood for producing, directing and starring in something like that at his age. The racism is shocking, but it's worth watching.

A-Rod actually got a clutch hit last night. Now there's conclusive proof that the new Yankee Stadium is a strange place. I'm looking forward to the point in the season when every story on the Yankees can stop including the price of everything. We get it - they spent a lot of money. But maybe all this other stuff is taking some pressure off A-Rod. This would be a very good thing.

I don't think it will ever stop being amazing to me that I can be singing Weezer's "Buddy Holly" at the top of my lungs with my good friends at a party one night and the next day be on the other side of the world. It's a shame that when I have the most free time and fewest responsibilities, I have the least amount of money to travel.

Anyway, I didn't bring a power adapter for my laptop so I'll have to call it a day. I'll try to update from Prague if I can. Supposedly our apt has wireless.

No comments:

Post a Comment