Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Great Weekend for Sports

I have a memo due on Monday, so of course I've taken every opportunity this weekend to watch sports on TV that I possibly could. The obvious one is the Super Bowl, which was a great game. Larry Fitzgerald is unstoppable, and I don't understand why the Cardinals took so long to start throwing to him. It hasn't really mattered who or how many people are covering him. It's always amazing to see an athlete that is a level above every one else around him. Lebron right now comes to mind, too. The Steelers were clutch, though, and they deserved to win this game.

What I might remember more from this weekend was watching Nadal v. Federer in the Aussie Open late last night. I've never really watched tennis before, and I thought I would check it out. The level of focus and intensity that they play at is unreal. I never realized that matches could go for four or five hours. It actually reminded me of Ultimate in the combination of physical exertion, finesse and length of of play. It's also all about getting breaks when you're not on serve. It was impresive seeing the mental strength that both of these guys bring to the court. Both maintained their composure when they were down in the set and just played one point at a time.

Time to bite the bullet and get back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment